The Court of Appeal has recently held that an employer must reimburse employees when they use their personal cell phones for work-related calls. Cochran v. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. (B247160). The Court relied on Labor Code section 2802 which requires employers to indemnify employees for all the necessary expenditures or losses incurred by the employees in the scope of their employment.
- President Obama Looks to Executive Action for Immigration Reform |
- Assembly Bill 2074 to Expand Liquidated Damages for Minimum Wage Violations |
- Reimbursement and Compensable Travel Time Refresher |
- National Labor Relations Board Determines McDonald’s is a Joint Employer with Franchise Operators |
- Apple Facing New Class-Action Lawsuit From Hourly Employees |
Page 9 of 387