Kevin Cleveland has been practicing law in the Sacramento area since graduating from University of San Diego School of Law. During his time as an attorney he has litigated on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants, most recently spending several years defending employers with a range of employment issues including harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour matters. Kevin believes that having worked both as a Plaintiff attorney and as a Defense attorney at all stages of litigation provides him with a unique perspective on cases and litigation which benefits his clients through better settlements and frequent dismissals. Recent achievements include several cases being dismissed against Kevin's clients after determining they had no legal merit, one Plaintiff dismissed their case against Kevin's clients to avoid having the Court dismiss their case, and two Plaintiffs settled their case against Kevin's clients without his clients paying a dime. As a member of the Labor and Employment team, Kevin continues to aggressively defend the clients of The Saqui Law Group.
Kevin claims to be from pretty much everywhere in the country due to living all over the US at various points in his life but he really grew up in Colorado where his parents still live. As a result, he enjoys getting out into the mountains and doing just about anything outdoors that he can when he has free time. He’s also a formerly nationally ranked collegiate debater who’s trying to break the habit of arguing about random philosophical and political positions for fun. Kevin’s pretty certain this decade he’ll finally be able to beat the debate habit.
Juris Doctor; University of San Diego, School of Law, San Diego, CA; 2009
Bachelor of Arts, Government and Politics; University of Maryland, College Park, MD; 2003
- State Bar of California (2009 to present)
- Co-Founder and Chief Articles Editor for the USD Journal on Climate and Energy Law
- Recipient of James A. D’Angelo Outstanding Child Advocate Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award winner
- Top grade in multiple advocacy clinics
- Member of National Moot Court Team (Spring 2008)
- Member of National Mock Trial Travel Team (2007-2009)
- 5th place National Speaker of the Year for the American Parliamentary Debate Association–(2002)